Helping to tackle the problem of pet homelessness, the Carolina Panthers have teamed up with other stars of the sports world for a fundraising calendar that will be a real game changer for dogs and cats in need.
The following animal-loving athletes have struck poses for the 2017/2018 Carolina Panthers and Friends pet calendar, either with four-legged members of their own home team or adorable adoptables from The Humane Society of Charlotte who are dreaming of the day when they will become a forever family’s MVP (Most Valuable Pet!).
From the Carolina Panthers:
- Jeremy Cash (linebacker)
- Ed Dickson (tight end)
- Charles Johnson (defensive end)
- Matt Kalil (offensive tackle)
- Luke Kuechly (linebacker)
- Christian McCaffrey (running back)
- Greg Olsen (tight end)
- Ron Rivera (head coach of the Carolina Panthers)
- Kawann Short (defensive tackle)
- Jonathan Stewart (running back)
- Shaq Thompson (linebacker)
Other sports stars showing their support for the paws cause:
- Mike Kidd-Gilchrist (member of the professional basketball team the Charlotte Hornets)
- Jason Kokrak (PGA tour player)
- Jamie McMurray (Daytona 500 champion)
- Cody Zeller (member of the Charlotte Hornets professional basketball team)
Fans who want to pounce on the 2017/2018 Carolina Panthers and Friends pet calendar can purchase the item online for $24. All of the proceeds will go toward furthering the efforts of The Humane Society of Charlotte, which has been uniting companion animals in need with loving pet parents since its start in 1978. In 2016 alone the non-profit found forever homes for 3,093 dogs and cats, performed 13,290 spay/neuter procedures, and provided nourishing meals to more than 2,200 pets in need through the Humane Society of Charlotte’s Pet Food Bank.
Photo Credit: The Humane Society of Charlotte/ Facebook; Instagram