Rachael Ray Nutrish has sponsored this post, but all opinions are my own.
Every time we’ve adopted, we’ve come away feeling like we’ve won the lottery. Our rescued pets–Irie and Tiki, Inca, Lucky and, adopted just last month after Hurricane Harvey, little Jetty–each started their lives as strays before being assisted by animal control departments, city shelters, and rescue organizations on the journey to their forever home with us. Every one adds immeasurable joy to our lives each and every day.
The number of shelter pets across the country waiting for forever homes is staggering–and the devastating hurricanes have made the numbers rise. Following massive donations in September, Rachael Ray Nutrish is now donating $250,000 during the month of October to help shelter pets in need. Cash donations will help shelter pets find the homes they deserve, part of the Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® Furever Home™ effort that includes not just a quarter million dollar donation but also a sweepstakes that gives entrants the chance help homeless pets AND enter to win $25,000 and more great prizes!
Donating to Help Life-Saving Work
Rachael Ray Nutrish is donating $250,000 during the month of October, a cash donation that will be made in equal amounts to three organizations:
- Big Dog Ranch Rescue: the largest no-kill dog rescue in the Southeastern United States.
- ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®): a national leader in the areas of rescue, adoption and welfare and has worked tirelessly for over 150 years to put an end to animal abuse and neglect.
- North Shore Animal League: the world’s largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization.
Each of these organizations has worked so tirelessly to help with hurricane pets. Florida’s Big Dog Ranch Rescue flew in shelter dogs after Hurricane Harvey, only to be met with disaster closer to home during Hurricane Irma. ASPCA worked to rescue pets, relocate displaced shelter pets, and to shelter pets while their owners were in shelter care during evacuation. During Irma, ASPCA established a mega emergency shelter in South Carolina, transporting over 600 shelter animals and distributing supplies to emergency shelters and local animal shelters across Florida. North Shore Animal League’s Mobile Rescue Unit drove to Houston with food and water, blankets, beds, toys, and supplies to help both the animals and people impacted by Harvey, then returned home with pets already in shelter care, freeing Texas shelters to help both lost and owned pets. During Irma, NSAL coordinated transports back to New York–and now the rescue organization is in talks with partners in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean about how to help after Hurricane Maria.
Lifesaving efforts require money–and the $250,000 that your Nutrish purchases have funded will save thousands of dogs and cats–and help shelter pets find a FUREVER HOME. These are the latest donations in the long line of charitable giving done by Nutrish since 2007 when, with help from pet nutrition experts, Rachael Ray created Nutrish super-premium food and treats for dogs inspired by recipes from her own kitchen. In 2014, Nutrish entered the world of cat food. Whether for dogs or cats, Nutrish recipes are made with simple, wholesome ingredients like real meat or fish, and do not contain poultry by-product meal or fillers.
Rachael’s Rescue® was created for all of the forgotten pets – the ones who might not have someone who loves them as much as they deserve. A portion of proceeds from each sale of Nutrish is donated to The Rachael Ray Foundation, which helps animals in need through Rachael’s Rescue. Through September 2017, Rachael’s Rescue has donated more than $21 million to pet charities and other organizations that do good for animals. The funds are used for food, medical supplies, treatments, and more for animals in need. Many more animals around the country need help, and through Rachael’s Rescue, together we can make a difference in the lives of many four-legged friends.
How to Enter to Win $25,000
Celebrating the joy of rescue, the Nutrish Furever Home Sweepstakes features four amazing prizes:
- Grand Prize: $25,000 and a one-year supply of your choice of Nutrish® dry dog or cat food.
- THREE (3) First Prizes: $5,000 and a one-year supply of your choice of Nutrish® dry dog or cat food.
You can enter by making a Nutrish purchase or not–here’s how to enter!
- If you’ve purchased any Nutrish®-only product between Oct. 1, 2017 and Oct. 31, 2017, visit www.nutrishfureverhome.com and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration form with your contact information, including email address. Upload a digital photo of your original purchase receipt with the Nutrish product circled to receive one entry into the Sweepstakes.
- To enter without a purchase during the sweepstakes period, visit www.nutrishfureverhome.com — you can even enter by mail.
The sweepstakes is open to legal residents of 50 U.S/D.C. age 18+ (or 19+ in Alabama and Nebraska). The giveaway ends Oct. 31, 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET.