This photo might, at first glance, not seem to be a big deal. Shot with my iPhone, it’s not particularly well-lit, well-composed, or even eye-catching. It’s a simple photo of Felix sitting in my lap as I sat at my desk this afternoon.
So what’s blog-worthy of this shot?
This is the first time that Felix has come up on his own and sat in my lap. Ever. He has long done kind of a half-sit, half-kneel kind of thing beside me, putting just his front paws on my leg. He has never, however, just come up and sat down in my lap and stayed. Until this afternoon.
Oh, and Felix is 13 years old.
When we adopted Felix, he was a feral cat, one being adopted out as a barn cat. He’s been indoors since the day he came in our door, though, and, although he hid for the first month he was here, he quickly became a part of our family (especially once we adopted far more outgoing Linus a month after Felix arrived.) He’s always been cautious, though, so this move to my lap was a special surprise!
Don’t miss our giveaways!
- Set of tough toys from DogTuff!
- Kumfy Tailz Harness for your dog & your favorite shelter!
- $50 Amazon GC
- February birthday club
- Fido’s Freebie Friday blog hop
- On DogTravelExperts.com: Dog-e-Glow LED Leash
- On DogTravelExperts.com: Kumfy Tailz Harness
- Subscribe to our Giveaways newsletter so you never miss a giveaway or a winner’s announcement!