February is the month of love and there are quite a few sales to love this month, too! Just as we did in last month’s column looking at the best things to buy for your dog in January, here’s a look at the best things to buy for your dog (and your dog household) in February:
- Dog dental care: February is Pet Dental Health Month and that means it’s time to sink your teeth into some sales on everything from dental chews to teeth cleaning at your veterinarian’s office.
- Valentine’s goodies: From heart-shaped treats to Valentine’s plush toys, watch for all things Valentine to go on sale February 15. You dog won’t mind one bit if you wait to buy that cute collar with the hearts until the day after Valentine’s…after all, every day is Valentine’s Day to your dog!
- Dog sweaters and coats: They went on sale after the holidays but dog sweaters and coats (and other winter goods like booties) are really marked down now as stores try to clear out the last of the winter merchandise.
- Dog show promotions: The AKC/Eukanuba National Championship was held in December but televises February 4 so watch for promotions from Eukanuba now. The Puppy Bowl is broadcast on February 5; Dentastix is a sponsor so watch for promotional sales. The Westminster dog show on February 13-14 will bring with it promotions from sponsors; this year’s sponsor is Purina.
- President’s Day sales: President’s Day weekend brings big sales in the form of bedding and linens, among other things. If your dog has you shopping for new bedding (hey, we upgraded from double to king last year because of our dogs), now’s the time to shop.
- Canned goods: If you cook your dog’s food and/or treats and incorporate canned food into the mix, February is National Canned Food Month (who knew?) with many sales on canned products.
- Digital cameras: Looking for a new camera to capture those dog photos? After the big Consumer Electronics Show last month and the introduction of new models, you’ll find digital cameras on sale this month as manufacturers make way for those new models. (Digital cameras go on sale again in November and December if you decide to wait.)