Are you wanting to enjoy day trips with your dog? Or are you already taking day trips with your dog but wondering how you can incorporate your dog in more of your daily activities, all while making sure your dog enjoys the outing and stays safe at the same time?
You’ve come to the right place.
We’re the authors of Texas with Dogs as well as Day Trips from Austin, Day Trips from San Antonio, Day Trips from Houston, and over 30 other travel and pet guidebooks and cookbooks. We love nothing better than to jump in the car and head off with our dogs for a day of dog-friendly day tripping fun.
Just what constitutes a day trip? For us, it’s a trip within a two-hour driving radius of home so you can head out for a day of fun–but then put your head on your own pillow that evening.
Here’s a look at our top tips for making the most of your dog-friendly day trip!
Packing for Your Day Trip
- Our Day Trip Packing List You may not be spending the night, but you’ll still want to carry essentials to make the most of your dog-friendly day trip.
- Packing for a dog walk
- Your dog’s packing list (free printable)
- Veterinarian’s recommendations on what to pack when traveling with your dog
Activities for Your Dog’s Day Trip
- 13 Tips for Enjoying Dog-Friendly Restaurants We LOVE to dine at dog-friendly patio restaurants. Don’t miss our tips on how to enjoy a visit to a dog-friendly restaurant, even if your dog is new to the experience.
- 12 Tips to Celebrate National Dog Day with a Doggie Day Trip
- 10 tips for taking your dog to the lake or river
Day Trip Safety Tips
- Day Trip Safety with Your Dog Our safety tips both before and during your doggie day trip.
- Dog Park Safety Tips If your dog-friendly day trip includes a dog park stop, be sure to check these tips first.
Dog Day Trip Ideas by Season
- 10 Dog-Friendly Day Trip Ideas for Fall
- Planning a Dog Days of Summer Day Trip
- 40 Fun Activities for Your Dog This Summer