Are you a new dog or puppy parent? Or do you have a new dog in your home? Welcome to the world of puppy love, doggie kisses, and unconditional devotion.
And, we must say, welcome as well to the world of barking, chewing, jumping, and digging. For all the boundless love we have for dogs, we have to take the good with the bad–and that can include a few bumps in the Rover road. Every dog needs training, both for his happiness and yours, and that means learning how to handle inappropriate behaviors in a positive way so that you and your best friend can live together harmoniously.
In this section, we’ll be covering some of the most common reader questions. Do you have a question? Please send it in! No question is too basic!
Dog Tips 101: New Puppy
- My current dog won’t stop barking at my new puppy…help!
- My puppy is biting my feet!
- How do I get my puppy to stop nipping my hands and feet?
- How do I housetrain my puppy? How do I praise her when housetraining?
Dog Tips 101: Barking
- How can I get my dog to stop barking at visitors?
- How can I stop my Basset Hound from barking at everything?
- My chihuahua barks at everyone he sees!
Dog Tips 101: Digging
Dog Tips 101: Walking Your Dog
Dog Tips 101: Potty Problems
- My Pom pees in the house!
- Why will my dog only use a potty patch and won’t go outside?
- Why won’t my dog pee on leash? And why won’t my dog poop on leash?
- Why won’t my dog pee in the yard?
- Help: my dog is marking inside my house!
Dog Tips 101: Outdoors
- How can I make my yard dog-friendly and safe?
- Are Sago palms dangerous for dogs? (Yes!)
- How can I keep my dog safe at the dog park?
- How can I keep my dog safe in avalanche country?