Both Janelle and Jessica are waiting for the perfect families to adopt them! They both have been doing superb since their surgeries and are back to skipping and playing about. Head over to our shelter to meet them! #FindYourFido pic.twitter.com/XmRWve7czX
— Pets In Need (@petsinneed1965) October 13, 2018
October may be synonymous with the Halloween holiday, but to homeless dogs who are searching for that special someone October is the month of love thanks to the ASPCA’s second annual #FindYourFido campaign! Dogs like Janelle and Jessica, above, with northern California’s Pets in Need are hoping dog lovers will help spread the word about the great adoptables available at participating shelters and rescues around the country.
Launched by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in partnership with the social and dating app Bumble, the movement invites dog lovers to observe Adopt a Shelter Dog Month by raising awareness of the option of pet adoption. Throughout October, animal lovers are urged to use social media to help the approximately 3.3 million dogs who find themselves in the US shelter system each year find happiness with a loving pet parent.
How You Can Help
Animal lovers who want to show their devotion to dogs in need can take part in the #FindYourFido movement in a variety of ways:
- Tap into your inner Dolly Levi and act as a matchmaker for a pup in search of a pet parent by sharing an adoptable dog’s profile on social media! Simply visit the website of your local shelter, view the profiles of the adorable adoptables, and spread the word about a dog via social networks using the hashtag #FindYourFido. (A map of participating shelters and rescues is available on the ASPCA website.)
- If you’ve been thinking about welcoming a fur baby into your heart and home, now is the perfect time to #FindYourFido!
- Make a donation to the ASPCA that will aid the organization’s ongoing efforts to help companion animals who are looking for their forever home.
- Add your name to the ASPCA’s pledge to help Fidos!
Orson is a playful Pittie who has received a medal and met actor Sir Patrick Stewart during his year-long stay at the ASPCA. Will he find his special someone to love? Watch the first part of Orson’s #FindYourFido story:
We’ve got a special ASPCA prize pack to for one lucky community member! The prize pack includes:
- ASPCA tote
- ASPCA frisbee
- Find Your Fido makeup bag/carrying case
- ASPCA water bottle
- Dog toy
As always, you can return to the giveaway widget throughout the giveaway period for more entries. Good luck!
The prize pack has been supplied by ASPCA.