Today we have a special guest recipe from Excalibur Food Dehydrators – America’s top dehydrator manufactured since 1973. I know that many of you know that we’ve often written about our dehydrator (and you’ll find our dehydrator recipes in our The Healthy Hound Cookbook and My Dog Says I’m a Great Cook!)
You can substitute just about any fruit or vegetable in this vegetarian dog treat recipe to add variety. This recipe uses an egg as a binding agent but if you want to make these treats vegan– just mix the dough longer and omit the egg.
Dehydrated Vegetarian Dog Treats
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes; dissolved in 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup carrots (green beans, apples, or blueberries)
- 1 egg (optional)
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients and form into a ball. On a flour dusted cutting board, roll out the dough to about 1/4″ thick.
- Cut with bone-shaped cookie cutter or any cutter shape your pet will like.
- Dehydrate at the highest setting 145 – 155 until done.
- Approximately 6 – 8 hours. Add time if needed as treats should be VERY dry.
Looking for more recipes? Download one of our free dog treat cookbooks!
Cooks: Don’t miss our My Dog Says I’m a Great Cook™ cookbook with over 100 dog treat recipes from the publishers, readers and fans of DogTipper! This paperback book is available in our PawZaar gift store!