Most dogs, ours included, absolutely love peanut butter. This easy recipe for grain-free peanut butter dog biscuits is grain-free but, if your dog has no issues with wheat, you can substitute whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour for garbanzo bean flour.
Grain-free food is one of the fastest-growing segments of the commercial pet food world because more pet lovers are concerned about the high percentage of grains in traditional kibble and in many treats.
Dogs love peanut butter, and it’s an excellent source of protein as well as healthy fats and vitamins. To make this recipe even healthier, look for natural peanut butter without added sugar.
Can dogs eat grain?
Certainly. But dogs have tougher time digesting grains than humans do, partly because they lack the enzymes in their saliva to start digestion.
Grains can also lead to allergies (although dogs can definitely develop allergies to beef, chicken, and other meats as well).
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix banana, peanut butter, egg, and flour. Turn out dough on a floured surface and knead; roll out the dough to ¼-inch thickness.
- Cut dough with your cookie cutters (or slice with a pizza cutter) and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before serving or refrigerating.
Looking for more recipes? Download one of our free dog treat cookbooks!
Cooks: Don’t miss our My Dog Says I’m a Great Cook™ cookbook with over 100 dog treat recipes from the publishers, readers and fans of DogTipper! This paperback book is available in our YUCKY PUPPY gift store!