We are proud to welcome Lucy Pet Products as a DogTipper and CatTipper sponsor! This post is sponsored by Lucy Pet Products but, as always, we only share products that we use with our own pets and ones that we know you will love!
When Lucy Pet Products’ beachside paradise-themed entry in the 128th Tournament of Roses Parade begins to travel down Colorado Boulevard in Pasadena, California on January 2, 2017 a pack of totally tubular tail-waggers — and one lucky dog lover — will be riding a wave of excitement.
The grand prize winner of Lucy Pets Products‘ online contest, Laury Stuebner of Avon Lake, Ohio will start the new year by coasting along with canines atop the Lucy Pets’ Gnarly Crankin’ K9 Wave Maker. “I was completely shocked when I found out that I won,” Stuebner stated, who was entered in the contest by her daughter. “I always watch the Rose Parade but I never imagined that I would actually be riding on a float in the parade.”
Watching the church secretary from seats in the VIP grandstands will be Stuebner’s daughters and son, who live in the L.A. area, and her husband, sister and niece, whose air travel to and from Ohio and accommodation at the Pasadena Sheraton was included in the contest package.
The winner will join Amy Tokic, PetGuide.com creator, editor and content producer (watch for her live on Facebook during the parade!); Tokic won the honor after entering her name in a contest at the annual BlogPaws convention held last summer in Phoenix.
The float will also feature 13-year-old singer/dancer/social media guru JoJo Silwa. “I am so excited to be a part of my first Rose parade,” said the vivacious teen. “Lucy Pet is the perfect float for me to ride on because I love animals and want to help them. I also know Lucy Pet’s float is going to break another Guinness World Record this year.”
And you can’t miss the float’s menagerie of talented Moondoggies from across the country (who won surfing contests for their spots on the surf-mobile). The dogs will raise awareness of a paws cause as they raise people’s spirits aboard the 8,000-gallon, double Guinness Word Record-breaking Gnarly Crankin’ K9 Wave Maker.
We’re not going for one Guinness World Records this time, we’re going for TWO!! The largest AND heaviest float! Stay tuned and make sure to watch for us in the @rose_parade! 🐶 #LucyPet #TeamLucy #LucyPetProducts #RoseParade #dogsofinstgram #dogsofinsta #pawesome #woof #lucymovement #surfsup #surfingdogsofinstagram @guinnessworldrecords
Certified by Guinness World Records as the Longest and Heaviest parade float in the world, this float is also a vehicle for change, as it helps to shine a spotlight on Lucy Pet Products’ “Products with a Cause.” Proceeds from all of the items sold by the family-owned and operated company helps the non-profit Lucy Pet Foundation (which spayed/neutered 4,000 dogs and cats in need in 2016) in its efforts to end pet overpopulation and unnecessary euthanasia.
The rad Rovers who will wow the crowd as they hang 20 are:
- Lucy Pet Foundation Ambassador Surfin’ Jack
- Sully, an English Bulldog whose gnarly moves made him the first place winner at the 2016 Unleashed by Petco Surf Dog Competition in Imperial Beach, California
- Coppertone, a miniature Dachshund with a big heart who has gained fame for her appearance on America’s Funniest Videos and for her title as honorary mayor of San Diego
- Fred, a five-year-old McNab Shepherd who learned how to surf in his family’s pool
- Haole, a Labrador Retriever who is the AmbassaDOG of Ventura
- Macho, a Jack Russell Terrier who lives up to his name as an AKC National Champion Dock Diver
- Turbo, a rescue Golden Retriever with a heart of gold who won first place in the XL Dogs division at the 2015 Helen Woodward Animal Center’s Surf Dog Surf-A-Thon in Del Mar, California
- Rooster, an Australian Shepherd who has a lot to crow about, as he has his Master Dock Diving title
Dog lovers can tune in to watch the eight rad Rovers show off their surfing skills when the 128th Tournament of Roses Parade airs on January 2nd, starting at 8am PST (9am MT, 10am CT, 11am ET)!
Photo Credit: Lucy Pet Products