If you’ll be in the Austin area on Saturday, Oct. 28, please be sure to join us at the annual Barktoberfest Dog Walk & Festival to benefit the Central Texas SPCA! We’ll have a PawZaar booth in the pavilions (with some great show specials)–and Irie and Tiki will be joining us, too!
This year the event is held at Brushy Creek Lake Park, long one of Irie and Tiki’s favorites:
The dog-friendly park, which has a great walking trail, a small lake, and beautiful wildflower fields in the spring, will be the setting for this annual fundraiser which includes:
- a 5K run starting at 8am.
- a one-mile walk (with or without your dog) on the flat path along the lake as well as a 1/2-mile option, starting at 10am.
- Vendors from 10am-1:30pm (look for us in the roofed pavilions!)
- Costume contest for kids and canines at noon.
- Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat story hour and photos mid-day.
- Free microchipping for dogs with proof of rabies vaccine from 10 am to 1 pm.
- Silent auction.