Lists, lists, we always love lists! Just last week, DogFriendly.com came out with their list of the 10 most pet-friendly vacation cities in the US. The factors considered were pet-friendly accommodations, transportation, beaches, park, attractions, stores, dining and more.
And the winners were…
1. Portland, Oregon – Home to the famous and dog-friendly Rose Gardens and the Lucky Lab.
2. Chicago – Visit the Navy Pier, dine in elegance, cruise on a pet-friendly tour boat or walk the parks of the city.
3. San Diego – The country’s best dog beaches and trails and world class pet-friendly shopping centers.
4. Seattle – Take public transportation with your leashed dog. Many pet-friendly venues in a dog-friendly city.
5. Philadelphia – Get a famous cheese steak. See historic early American sites and stay in a downtown luxurious hotel.
6. Minneapolis – Great hiking trails and parks, pet-friendly dining. A pet-friendly atmosphere throughout.
7. Austin – Dog-Friendly parks. Outdoor cafes. Take tours and see the sites. See the Zilker Gardens and the Congress Street bats.
8. Alexandria/ Washington D.C. - See the capital’s sites, walk in charming Old Town, take a dog cruise on the Potomac.
9. New York – Luxury hotels welcome dogs, Central park beckons, off-leash parks everywhere. Shop the famous stores with your dog.
10. Indianapolis – Many historical sites, Nature preserves, trails and parks. Many of the cities tourist sites can be viewed with a dog.
The list also included five honorable mentions: Charlotte, Dallas, Nashville, Orlando, Raleigh.
For more information:
Photo copyright Clipart.com