Are you looking for special pet holidays that recognizes the special role that dogs and cats play in our lives? You’ve come to the right place.
This extensive calendar of special dog holidays and cat holidays, updated throughout the year, features fun holidays as well as serious pet awareness days, weeks and months that focus attention on challenges in the pet world.
Please note: pet holidays are generally set by private groups–and sometimes more than one group decides to declare an “official” holiday for the same event. More reasons to celebrate the pets we all hold so dear!
Want to print out the calendar?
Subscribe to our newsletter then watch your email for your password to our Freebies Library where you can download our printable Dog Holidays Calendar.
2022 Pet Holidays
- National Train Your Dog Month.
- Unchain a Dog Month.
- Walk Your Dog Month.
- Jan. 2: National Pet Travel Safety Day.
- Jan. 2: Happy Mew Year for Cats Day.
- Jan. 6: National Standard Poodle Day.
- Jan. 7: National Alaskan Malamute Day.
- Jan. 8: National Labrador Retriever Day.
- Jan. 9: National Australian Shepherd Day.
- Jan. 13: National French Bulldog Day.
- Jan. 14: National Dress Up Your Pet Day.
- Jan 15: National American Eskimo Dog Day.
- Jan. 16: National Bouvier de Flandres Day.
- Jan. 17: National Boxer Day.
- Jan. 22: National Yorkshire Terrier Day.
- Jan. 22: National Answer Your Cat’s Question Day.
- Jan. 24: Change a Pet’s Life Day.
- Jan. 24: Peanut Butter Day. A day to honor the creamy creation that has helped train and treat many dogs! (See our Peanut Butter dog treat recipes)
- Jan. 29: Seeing Eye Guide Dog Anniversary.
- Beat the Heat Month.
- Black Dog and Cat Syndrome Awareness Month.
- Dog Training Education Month.
- National Cat Health Month.
- National Prevent a Litter Month.
- Spay/Neuter Awareness Month. (Humane Society of the United States)
- Pet Dental Health Month.
- Responsible Pet Owners Month.
- Feb. 7-14: Have a Heart for Chained Dogs Week.
- Feb. 20-26: National Justice for Animals Week.
- Feb. 1: World Galgo Day. This awareness day shines a light on the tragic fate of thousands of Galgos, a Spanish sighthound, left to die or killed at the end of Spain’s hunting season every year. Also known as World Greyhound Day.
- Feb. 2: Sled Dog Day.
- Feb. 2: National Brown Dog Day.
- Feb. 3: Doggy Date Night.
- Feb. 3: National Golden Retriever Day.
- Feb. 12: Safety Pup Day. An awareness effort by the National Child Safety Council (N.C.S.C.), this day features the work of Safetypup®, a puppy character who helps teach children about safety.
- Feb. 14: Pet Theft Awareness Day.
- Feb. 17: Cat Day (Dzień kota) in Poland.
- Feb. 17: Cat Day in Italy.
- Feb. 19: National Boston Terrier Day.
- Feb. 20: National Love Your Pet Day.
- Feb. 22: Cat Day in Japan.
- Feb. 22: Marie Day. Designated by Walt Disney Japan, this day celebrates Marie of The AristoCats!
- Feb. 22: Walking the Dog Day.
- Feb. 22: World Spay Day. Annual campaign by the Humane Society International and The Humane Society of the United States; held the last Tuesday of February. Created to combat the crisis of pet overpopulation in every corner of the globe, animal lovers are encouraged to spread the word through social media and help to raise funds for the paws cause.
- Feb. 23: International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day.
- Feb. 23: National Dog Biscuit Day.
- Poison Prevention Awareness Month.
- March 6-12: Professional Pet Sitters Week. Entrusting your pets and your home during your absence often means hiring a professional; this awareness week honors the pros who provide professional pet sitting.
- March 14-21: Pet Theft Awareness Week (UK). See Feb. 14 for more on both the US and the UK observances.
- March 20-26: National Animal Poison Prevention Week: Held the third week of March to coincide with National Poison Prevention Week.
- March 1: National Welsh Corgi Day.
- March 1: National Cat’s Day (Russia).
- March 2: International Rescue Cat Day.
- March 3: International Tripawd Awareness Day. Founded in 2022 by Tripawds, this day honors three-legged pets and the people who care for them.
- March 3: If Pets Had Thumbs Day.
- March 8: International Akita Day.
- March 10-13: Crufts. The world’s largest dog show is held in Birmingham, England.
- March 13: K-9 Veterans Day.
- March 14: Pet Theft Awareness Day (UK).
- March 17: Saint Gertrude of Nivelles Day— patron saint of cats.
- March 20: Dogs in Yellow Day. Created by the UK’s My Anxious Dog, this awareness day shines the light on anxious and reactive dogs, often identified with bright yellow leashes, harnesses and collars. #DogsinYellow
- March 23: National Puppy Day.
- March 23. Cuddly Kitten Day.
- March 25: National Newfoundland Dog Day.
- March 27: National Terrier Day. Created in the UK by Scruffy Little Terriers, this holiday celebrates all terriers. Share your photos with #nationalterrierday.
- March 28: Respect Your Cat Day.
- March 30: Take a Walk in the Park Day. Although not exclusively a pet holiday, this day makes a great time to explore a new park with your dog!
- Active Dog Month.
- Canine Fitness Month.
- National Adopt a Greyhound Month.
- National Heartworm Awareness Month. An important topic year-around, this awareness month shines the spotlight on this deadly parasite.
- National Pet First Aid Awareness Month. This event is an effort by the American Red Cross to draw attention to the need to know specialized pet first aid.
- National Pet Month. (UK)
- Prevent Lyme Disease in Dogs Month.
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month. (ASPCA)
- April 1-7: International Pooper Scooper Week.
- April 1-7: National Raw Feeding Week.
- April 10-16: Animal Care and Control Appreciation Week. 2nd full week in April.
- April 10-16: National Dog Bite Prevention Week. 2nd full week in April.
- April 17-23: Animal Cruelty/Human Violence Awareness Week. An effort by the Humane Society of the United States. Third week in April.
- April 17-23: National Pet ID Week. Third week in April.
- April 1: International Bull Terrier Day. The dogs often lovingly referred to as “class clowns” are honored on this special day.
- April 2: Every Day is Tag Day. Always the first Saturday in April.
- April 2: Don’t Walk Your Dog Day. Launched in the UK by the author of STOP Walking your Dog, this day brings awareness to the fact that some dogs benefit from activities other than the traditional dog walk, such as training games.
- April 4: World Stray Animals Day.
- April 6: National Siamese Cat Day.
- April 7: National Pet Health Insurance Day.
- April 8: National Dog Fighting Awareness Day.
- April 10: National Hug Your Dog Day.
- April 11: National Pet Day.
- April 11: Dog Therapy Appreciation Day.
- April 17: Tortoiseshell Cat Appreciation Day.
- April 18: Pet Owner’s Independence Day. Brought to you by Wellcat (who also invented holidays ranging from Cat Herders’ Day to Happy Mew Years for Cats Day), this holiday encourages pet lovers to take the day off from work and send their cat (or dog) in their place!
- April 19: National Dog Parent Appreciation Day. Launched in 2021 by Dr. Marty Pets as Paw Parent Appreciation Day, this day celebrates that inseparable bond between humans and their pets.
- April 19: National Cat Lady Day.
- April 21: Bulldogs are Beautiful Day.
- April 21: National Pet CBD Day.
- April 22: Earth Day.
- April 22: National Beagle Day.
- April 23: National Lost Dog Awareness Day.
- April 23: Pet Tech CPR Day.
- April 24: National Pet Parents Day. Always the last Sunday in April.
- April 26: National Kids and Pets Day.
- Last Sunday in April: International Search and Rescue Dog Day. Dating back to 2008 with its founding in Austria, this holiday recognizes the important work that search and rescue dogs perform worldwide.
- April 27: National Little Pampered Dog Day.
- April 27: International Guide Dog Day. Always the last Wednesday in April.
- April 29: Hairball Awareness Day. Last Friday in April.
- April 30: World Veterinary Day. This event from the World Veterinary Association is always celebrated on the last Saturday in April.
- April 30: Adopt a Shelter Pet Day.
- April 30: National Therapy Animal Day.
- April 30: National Tabby Day.
- Chip Your Pet Month.
- National Pet Month. (US)
- Responsible Animal Guardian Month.
- Lyme Disease Prevention Month.
- National Service Animal Eye Exam. The American College of Veterinary Optholmologists hosts this annual event when over 300 veterinary ophthalmologists donate their services to provide eye exams to service dogs in the US and Canada during the month of May.
- Pet Cancer Awareness Month. Sponsored by Pet Cancer Awareness and the Blue Buffalo Foundation for Cancer Research. (Also see November events.)
- Pet Sitter Safety Month.
- May 1-7: American Humane’s Be Kind to Animals Week. This week-long event has been celebrated since 1915. Always the first full week of May.
- May 1-7: National Scoop the Poop Week. Starting the day after “National Sense of Smell Day” (the last Saturday of April), this week recognizes the importance of scooping that dog poop.
- May 1-7: Dog Anxiety Awareness Week. Founded by Assisi Animal Health.
- May 1-7: National Pet Week. Always held the first full week of May by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- May 2-7: Puppy Mill Action Week. An initiative of the HSUS, this week is always scheduled to begin the Monday before Mother’s Day.
- May 1: National Purebred Dog Day.
- May 1: International Doodle Dog Day.
- May 1: International Day of the Podenco. Like February’s World Galgo Day, this awareness day draws attention to the cruel fate that thousands of Podenco face in Spain after hunting season.
- May 1: International Samoyed Day. Celebrate this smiling dog named for the Samoyedic people of Siberia, where the breed originated.
- May 1: Mayday for Mutts. First Sunday in May.
- May 3: National Specially-Abled Pets Day.
- May 8: National Catahoula Day.
- May 8: National Animal Disaster Preparedness Day. Always the second Sunday in May, this FEMA-founded awareness day reminds pet lovers to prepare and pack pet essentials for evacuation emergencies.
- May 10: German Shepherd Day.
- May 14: National Dog Mom’s Day. Second Saturday in May.
- May 14: International Chihuahua Appreciation Day.
- May 14: Pick Up the Poo Day. (UK)
- May 20: National Rescue Dog Day.
- May 28: Feast Day of St. Bernard of Montjoux. The patron of hospices at two Alpine passes, later to be named Great and Little St. Bernard passes. The hospices were home to–you guessed it–St. Bernard dogs who were trained to find lost travelers.
- May 28: International Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Day.
- May 29: National Dog Friendly Day. (UK)
- Adopt-a-Cat Month®. From the American Humane Association.
- Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month. From the ASPCA.
- National Foster a Pet Month. If 2% of US pet households fostered one pet a year, shelter euthanasia would end.
- National Pet Preparedness Month. This month, timed for the first month of hurricane season, urges people with pets to make preparations in case they should be hit by a disaster…and that includes making plans for what you would do with your dog in case of a hurricane, tornado, flood or other natural disaster.
- National Microchipping Month. In preparation for July 4th, the #1 day for missing pets, this holiday spotlights the importance of microchipping your dog.
- Social PETworking Month.
- June 5-11: Pet Appreciation Week. First week in June.
- June 13-17: National Pet Wedding Week. Always the second week in June.
- 3rd Week in June: Animal Rights Awareness Week.
- June 20-24: Take Your Pet to Work Week®.
- June 1: International Sheltie Day.
- June 2: National Greyhound Day.
- June 4: Hug Your Cat Day.
- June 4: International Corgi Day.
- June 8: Best Friends Day.
- June 11: Just One Day.
- June 12: Peruvian Hairless Dog Day. The nation of Peru celebrates the “perro peruano sin pelo” with their own special day.
- June 12: Jerky Day. Although created to highlight a favorite human snack, this date is also the perfect time to whip up a batch of homemade chicken jerky for your dog, too!
- June 14: World Pet Memorial Day. Second Tuesday in June.
- June 18: Veterinary Appreciation Day™. In 2015, Trupanion created Veterinary Appreciation Day to celebrate the critical role that veterinary professionals play in our lives. From the front desk to technicians to veterinarians, veterinary professionals dedicate countless hours providing compassionate care for our pets, even throughout the most challenging of times.
- June 18: National Dog Dad Day. Held the Saturday before Father’s Day, this day celebrates all the dog dads and their special bond with their dogs.
- June 18-22: 146th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show presented by Purina Pro Plan. This show–rescheduled from January–will take place at the Lyndhurst Estate in Tarrytown, New York.
- June 19: National Garfield the Cat Day.
- June 19: National Pets in Film Day.
- June 20: Take Your Cat to Work Day®.
- June 20: Ugliest Dog Day. Although every dog is a beauty in the eyes of their special person, this annual observation is always held on June 20. The World’s Ugliest Dog Contest in Petaluma, California as part of the Sonoma-Marin Fair is held on a nearby date each year.
- June 21: National Dog Party Day.
- June 21: National Dachshund Day. Always held on the summer solstice, this day celebrates these long dogs on the longest day of the year.
- June 24: Cat World Domination Day.
- June 24: Take Your Dog to Work Day®.
- June 25: World Day Against Pet Abandonment. Founded in 2019 by two French rescue groups, this day coincides with the start of summer holidays, a time many pets are abandoned. Always the last Saturday in June.
- Dog House Repair Month.
- National Lost Pet Prevention Month™. Learn how to keep your pets from becoming lost in this month-long observance launched by PetHub.
- National Pet Hydration Awareness Month.
- 3rd Week in July: National Feed a Rescue Pet Week: Launched in 2017, this holiday by GreaterGood.org and The Animal Rescue Site aims to feed shelter pets.
- July 1: ID Your Pet Day.
- July 4: International Whippet Day.
- July 4: Independence Day. This US holiday is no holiday for dogs; the sounds of fireworks causes many dogs to panic and run, resulting in many lost dogs every year.
- July 5: Pet Remembrance Day. (UK)
- July 9: Coon Dog Day. This Saluda, North Carolina festival is the perfect excuse to celebrate coonhounds everywhere. This is always held on the Saturday following July 4th.
- July 10: National Kitten Day. Always held on July 10, this day celebrates the joy of kittens.
- July 11: All-American Pet Photo Day.
- July 14: Dog on a Lead Day. Launched by the UK’s Best Behaviour Dog Training, this pet holiday emphasizes the importance of walking your dog on a leash and respecting on-leash dogs.
- July 15: National Pet Fire Safety Day. Sponsored by the The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC), ADT Security Services and the American Kennel Club® (AKC).
- July 16: Feline Leukemia Day. Community Cats Podcast and Feline Leukemia advocacy supporter Margaret Tompkins hosts this annual online event with important expert information on this disease, ways to manage it and adoption of FeLV+ cats.
- July 21: World Collie Day.
- July 21: National Craft for your Local Shelters Day. Regardless of your crafting skills, you can create items that will be joy and comfort to pets waiting for their forever homes in animal shelters.
- July 21: No Pet Store Puppies Day. As part of the ongoing effort to end the suffering inflicted upon dogs through the puppy mill pipeline, the ASPCA declared July 21 No Pet Store Puppies Day.
- July 22: AAHA-Accredited Hospital Day or AAHA Day. A day that celebrates facilities accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association.
- July 26: National Dog Photography Day. UK holiday.
- July 31: National Mutt Day. Also see Dec. 2.
- Clear the Shelters. This annual event, held in partnership with NBC-owned TV stations and the Telemundo Station Group, features low-cost and fee-waived adoptions at shelters across the US.
- Itchy Pet Awareness Month. Founded by Zoetis, this awareness month brings awareness to allergic skin disease.
- National Dog Month. Launched in 2020, this observation held during the dog days of summer celebrates all the special joy of dogs.
- Rawgust. Celebration of raw feeding for pets for the month of August.
- Aug. 7-13: International Assistance Dog Week. This annual event honors the many specially-trained service dogs who perform a wide variety of tasks.
- Aug. 7-13, 2022: Give a Dog a Bone Week. Hosted by Pets of the Homeless, the event features more than 400 Pets of the Homeless donation sites nationwide asking their community to bring donations of pet food and supplies to assist the pets of the homeless.
- Aug. 1: DOGust Universal Birthday for Shelter Dogs. The North Shore Animal League America, the world’s largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization, declared August 1 as a birthday for all the shelter animals whose birthdays are unknown. Happy DOGust!!
- Aug. 1: National Yorkie Day. Coinciding with Yorkshire Day which recognizes the English county of Yorkshire, Yorkie Day celebrates the Yorkshire Terrier. (Also see January’s National Yorkshire Terrier Day!)
- Aug. 4: Assistance Dog Day. Part of International Assistance Dog Week, this observation, always on August 4, honors the many types of assistance dogs.
- Aug. 5: Work Like a Dog Day.
- Aug. 8: International Cat Day.
- Aug. 8: National Cat Day in Canada.
- Aug. 8: National Odie Day. Celebrating Garfield’s cheerful sidekick.
- Aug. 10: Snoopy’s Birthday. Peanuts Worldwide celebrates the birthday of the world’s favorite beagle on this day.
- Aug. 10: National Spoil Your Dog Day. We’ve got dozens of ways to spoil your dog–even more than you do the rest of the year!
- Aug. 10: National Lazy Day.
- Aug. 15: National Check the Chip Day. AVMA and the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) joined together to create “Check the Chip Day.”
- Aug. 16: Saint Roch’s Day. Patron saint of dogs.
- Aug. 17: National Black Cat Appreciation Day.
- Aug. 17: National Nonprofit Day.
- Aug. 20: Saint Bernard Day.
- Aug. 20: International Homeless Animals’ Day. Third Saturday in August.
- Aug. 22: National Take Your Cat to the Vet Day.
- Aug. 23: International Blind Dog Day.
- Aug. 26: National Dog Day. One of the most popular pet holidays of the year, we’ve got an entire page devoted to National Dog Day with ideas on how you and your dog can celebrate together.
- Aug. 28: Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day.
- Aug. 30: National Holistic Pet Day.
- Animal Pain Awareness Month.
- Happy Cat Month. Established by the CATalyst Council.
- National Disaster Preparedness Month. Led by FEMA’s Ready Campaign, Citizen Corps and The Advertising Council, this effort encourages individuals, families, businesses and communities to work together and take action to prepare for emergencies. Visit Ready.gov.
- National Pet Insurance Month.
- National Service Dog Month.
- Pet Sitter Education Month.
- Responsible Dog Ownership Month.
- World Animal Remembrance Month.
- Sept. 18-24: Adopt-a-Less-Adoptable-Pet Week.
- Sept. 18-24: National Deaf Dog Awareness Week. Last full week in September.
- Sept. 18-24: National Dog Week. Last full week in September.
- Sept. 1: Ginger Cat Appreciation Day. Celebrating orange-coated cats who have made our world a little brighter with their flame-tinted fur and their colorful personalities.
- Sept. 1: Boykin Spaniel Day. A South Carolina observance honoring the South Carolina state dog.
- Sept. 5: Canine Enrichment Day. (UK)
- Sept. 8: National Dog Walker Appreciation Day. Founded in 2016 by Wag!, this day (always Sept.8) recognizes the work of professional dog walkers.
- Sept. 9: Happy Dog Day. (UK)
- Sept. 11: National Pet Memorial Day. Established by the International Association Of Pet Cemeteries & Crematories (IAOPCC). Second Sunday in September.
- Sept. 11: National Hug Your Hound Day. Second Sunday in September.
- Sept. 13: Pet Birth Defect Awareness Day. A day dedicated to the issue of pet birth defects including information on identification, prevention and treatment.
- Sept. 13: Scooby-Doo Day. The dog detective made his debut on this date in 1969.
- Sept. 17: Puppy Mill Awareness Day. Third Saturday in September.
- Sept. 17: Responsible Dog Ownership Day. Always the third Saturday in September.
- Sept. 18: Love Your Dog Groomer Day. (UK)
- Sept. 19: National Meow Like a Pirate Day.
- Sept. 19: National Cat DNA Day.
- Sept. 22: National Walk ‘n’ Roll Dog Day. Honoring dogs in wheelchairs and with mobility challenges.
- Sept. 22: Remember Me Thursday® Remember Me Thursday® is an international social media awareness day that brings attention to the millions of adoptable pets waiting in shelters and remembers those pets who never got a second chance. Share your rescue pet using #RememberMeThursday.
- Sept. 23: Dogs in Politics Day (also known as Checkers Day). Recognizing the dogs of politicians.
- Sept. 23: Adopted Dog Day.
- Sept. 24: World’s Largest Pet Walk. Sponsored by Pet Partners.
- Sept. 24: Old Yeller Day. Author Fred Gipson’s hometown of Mason, Texas celebrates the famous tale on the last Saturday of September.
- Sept. 25: National Schnauzer Day.
- Sept. 27: Sighthound Day.
- Sept. 28: World Rabies Day. Sponsored by the Global Alliance for Rabies Control.
- Sept. 30: Pet Tricks Day. (UK)
- Sept. 30: National Puppy Mill Survivor Day.
- Adopt A Dog Month® (American Humane Association) and Adopt a Shelter Dog Month (ASPCA).
- National Animal Safety and Protection Month.
- National Pet Wellness Month.
- National Pit Bull Awareness Month.
- World Animal Month.
- Oct. 2-8: National Walk Your Dog Week. First full week of October.
- Oct. 2-8: Animal Welfare Week. (AVMA). First full week of October.
- Oct. 16-22: National Veterinary Technician Week. Sponsored by the National Association of Veterinary Technicians of America. Always celebrated during the third week in October.
- Oct. 18-24: National Wolf Awareness Week. This awareness week hosted by the Timber Wolf Alliance is always the third week of October.
One-Day Pet Holidays
- Oct. 1: National Fire Pup Day.
- Oct. 1: National Black Dog Day. Helping to shine a light on Black Dog Syndrome in shelters, this day celebrates the often-overlooked black dogs looking for a forever home.
- Oct. 2: Poodle Day.
- Oct. 4: World Animal Day.
- Oct. 4: Kindness to Animals Day.
- Oct. 10: World Animal Road Accident Awareness Day. This day is designed to make drivers think what would they do if they hit a dog or other animal on the road.
- Oct. 11: National Spoodle Day.
- Oct. 12: National Pet Obesity Awareness Day.
- Oct. 14: Vet Nurse Day. Also known as Veterinary Nurse Day, this annual event is always scheduled for the second Friday in October.
- Oct. 15: National Pug Day. Since 2012, this annual event has celebrated one of the world’s oldest dog breeds.
- Oct. 15: National Fetch Day.
- Oct. 16: Global Cat Day. What began as National Feral Cat Day became Global Cat Day in 2018, an effort by Alley Cat Allies to shine the spotlight on all cats who may not have a home of their own.
- Oct. 21: National Pets for Veterans Day.
- Oct. 22: National Make a Dog’s Day.
- Oct. 27: National Black Cat Day in the UK.
- Oct. 28: Plush Animal Lovers Day. A day that most dogs will be happy to celebrate…as they unstuff those plush toys…
- Oct. 29: National Cat Day.
- Oct. 29: Muddy Dog Day. (UK) Last Saturday in October.
- Oct. 29: National Pit Bull Awareness Day. Last Saturday in Oct. (unless Halloween falls on the last Saturday, then another date is chosen).
- Oct. 30: National Treat Your Pet Day. Launched in 2021 by Dr. Marty Pets, National Treat Your Pet Day encourages pet parents to treat their four-legged companions with snacks, extra love and attention.
- Adopt a Senior Pet Month. By ASPCA.
- National Senior Pet Month.
- National Pet Cancer Awareness Month. Sponsored by Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI) and the Animal Cancer Foundation. (Also see May events.)
- Pet Diabetes Month.
- Nov. 6-12: National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week. by The Humane Society of the United States. First full week of November.
- Nov. 13-19: Human-Animal Relationship Awareness Week. Created in 2016 by the Animals & Society Institute, this week (always the 2nd week in November) is also known as HARA Week.
- Nov. 1: National Cook for Your Pets Day.
- Nov. 1: International Pet Groomer Appreciation Day.
- Nov. 7: National Canine Lymphoma Awareness Day.
- Nov. 12: World Animal Enrichment Day.
- Nov. 16: National Slobber Appreciation Day.
- Nov. 17: National Black Cat Day. Also celebrated on October 27.
- Nov. 17: National Take a Hike Day.
- Nov. 18: National Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP) Awareness, Research and Education Day.
- Nov. 19: National Get a Pal For Your Pet Day.
- Nov. 23: Wolfenoot. This annual holiday, started in New Zealand, celebrates the Spirit of the Wolf and “is about celebrating our pack – human and animal – helping where we can, and making the world a better, kinder place.”
- Nov. 23: Thankful for My Dog Day. Founded in 2020 by M.Y.O.S. Canine Muscle Formula, this pet holiday gives thanks for all that our dogs give us each and every day.
- Nov. 24: National Border Collie Day.
- National Dog Show. Always broadcast in the US on Thanksgiving, this event is held at The Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, Pennsylvania and is hosted by the Kennel Club of Philadelphia.
- National Cat Lover’s Month.
- Dec. 1: Celebrate Shelter Pets Day. Humane Society of the United States.
- Dec. 1: National Twin With Your Dog Day. Created in the UK by Leo Charley & Me, this day encourages dog owners to match their outfit to their dog’s! #twinwithyourdogday
- Dec. 2: National Mutt Day. Also see July 31.
- Dec. 9: International Day of Veterinary Medicine.
- Dec. 10: International Animal Rights Day.
- Dec. 15: National Cat Herders Day.