From lively discussions of the day’s hot topics to celebrity interviews, the long-running chat fest The View always makes tongues wag, but the March 13th edition of the Daytime Emmy-winning program made tails wag as rescue dogs who are waiting for forever homes showed what a little makeover magic can do.
Showcased with help from award-winning animal advocate/Best in Shelter host Jill Rappaport (who previously promoted the option of pet adoption in the Bow to Wow segment of Today) the following Fidos lapped up the limelight on the set of the ABC show:
- Peaches– Recently rescued from life in a puppy mill, pretty three-year-old Peaches is looking to be the apple of a pet parent’s eye.
- Licorice– Relinquished by his previous guardian due to financial difficulties, the two-year-old Basset/Schnauzer is truly sweeter than candy.
- Biscuit– Found tied to a pole in freezing conditions, the four-year-old Shih Tzu mix’s makeover was a heart-warming sight for the studio audience.
- Zak and Zoe– The six-year-old brother and sister Burmese Mountain Dogs would love to be members of a forever family.
All of the dogs have received new leases on life thanks to Main Line Animal Rescue, a non-profit organization in Chester County, Pennsylvania which not only saves the lives of hundreds of companion animals who are facing their fate in overcrowded shelters, but has also played a prominent role in shining a spotlight on the plight of puppy mill dogs.
For more information regarding any of the dogs who appeared on The View:
- visit www.mainlinerescue.comPhoto Credit: The View