Let’s talk about ears.
In our house, Irie has the troubled ears. We’ve made two special trips to the vet’s office the last few years with ear issues. Her hound ears (she’s part coonhound, according to her DNA test) mean her ears are covered and stay moist, a setup for ear infections.
Pair that moist environment with Irie’s love of swimming and you’ve got the perfect storm for ear problems.
If, like us, you’re always looking for natural, made in the USA solutions to your dog’s challenges, Innovet Pet Products produces the all-natural PurOtic® deep ear cleaner, formulated by veterinarians using essential oils and a pharmaceutical grade emulsifier. Coupled with a silicone applicator, the cleaner is designed to get deep into your dog’s ear and clean out the wax and buildup that can not only hold in the moisture but also provide the climate for infection.
PurOtic uses natural ingredients to wash out the ear:
- Tea Tree Oil – Proven natural antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral qualities.
- Lavender Oil – Broad based antiseptic and pain reliever.
- Eucalyptus Oil – Natural pain reliever.
- Docusate Sodium US Pharmaceutical Grade – Bio-degradable emulsifier that is superior at removing debris and breaking up wax. It is used in ER medicine to remove impacted ears in infants.
As you’ll see, the cleaner is both alcohol- and sulfate-free.
Of course, cleaning the ears is just half the issue–you’ll also need to dry those ears, especially important during these summer months when our dogs love nothing better than swimming. PurOtic also makes a 100% natural Ear Dryer. I used the PurOtic Ear Dryer following Irie and Tiki’s recent romp in Inks Lake:
Sold singly or paired as a value pack with the ear cleaner, the dryer also uses essential oils and natural ingredients to pamper your pet’s ears:
- Aloe Vera Gel – Instant soothing relief from itching.
- Diatomaceous Earth (food grade silica) – Absorbs moisture.
- Chamomile – Natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent
- Tea Tree – Natural antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral qualities.
- Clove Oil – Natural analgesic and antiseptic.
- Echinacea – Stimulates immune response.
Also paired with a silicone tip, the dryer is both alcohol- and sulfate-free.
Watch for our giveaway to win an entire basket of Innovet pet products, including PurOtic Ear Cleaner and Ear Dryer!
For More Information
- visit www.innovetpet.com
- follow Innovet on Twitter
- follow Innovet on Facebook
- follow Innovet Pet Products on Pinterest
- follow Innovet Pet Products on Instagram
Innovet Pet Products is a DogTipper sponsor. As always, we only share products that we use with our own pets!