Brr…what a LONG winter so many of us have had this year! If you’re looking for a yummy way to warm up your pup, we’ve got a recipe below from The Honest Kitchen!
This recipe uses Ice Pups from The Honest Kitchen, a great way to make a healthy broth from your dog (or your cat) in the winter months and a tasty frozen treat during the summer.
Whether you’re serving it in a soup like the recipe below or as frozen ice cubes, it’s an excellent way to keep your dog hydrated and provide some extra nutrition.
Ice Pups are made with dehydrated chicken, turkey, whey, dandelion, asparagus, watercress, honey and parsley.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 small cooked skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 10 baby carrots or 2-3 regular sized carrots, chopped
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- 4 packets Ice Pups
- 32 oz. filtered water
- Couple of tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Heat pan to medium high and add coconut oil.
- Add chopped carrots and sauté for about 4 minutes until they get soft.
- About 2 minutes in, add the chopped zucchini and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a medium size stock pot, add the water and bring to a low boil.
- Once boiling, add the packets of Ice Pups and stir.
- Add carrots and zucchini to broth and turn heat down to a simmer.
- Shred the chicken breast and add to broth along with the quinoa.
- Stir and turn off heat so soup cools to room temperature.
- Garnish with parsley (optional) and serve to your dogs to warm them up!
Cooks: Don’t miss our My Dog Says I’m a Great Cook™ cookbook with over 100 dog treat recipes from the publishers, readers and fans of DogTipper! This paperback book is available in our YUCKY PUPPY gift store!