Want to celebrate a special event in your dog’s life? Dog birthday cupcakes are easy to make–and perfect for celebrating dog birthdays or Gotcha Days– or graduation from training class!
Our recipe for Dog Birthday Cupcakes appears in our The Healthy Hound Cookbook and has also been featured in Woman’s Day magazine!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, or you can substitute whole wheat or other flours
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Purée, not pie filling
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, warmed nearly to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray or grease a large cupcake tin.
- In a large bowl, combine all cupcake ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Divide mixture into cupcake tins. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting. For dogs who love peanut butter, add two tablespoons of creamy peanut butter to frosting.
- In a large bowl, add yogurt and flour to cream cheese, mixing until smooth. Frost cupcakes as desired.
Looking for more recipes? Download one of our free dog treat cookbooks!
Cooks: Don’t miss our My Dog Says I’m a Great Cook™ cookbook with over 100 dog treat recipes from the publishers, readers and fans of DogTipper! This paperback book is available in our YUCKY PUPPY gift store!