Whether you’re a fan of the Roald Dahl book or the movies starring Gene Wilder, Johnny Depp or, most recently, Timothée Chalamet, the Wonka universe certainly provides some unique name options! If you dream of a fantastical name for your new dog, these Willy Wonka dog names might be just the name you’re dreaming of. After all, as Willy Wonka said, “We are the dreamers, we are the makers of dreams.”
Most Popular Wonka Names
Willy Wonka: The eccentric and mysterious owner of the chocolate factory. The name “Wonka” has become synonymous with a sense of magic, creativity, and eccentricity (which does sound a lot like dogs, too!)
Oompa-Loompa: The small workers in Wonka’s factory. They are known for their distinctive appearance, the songs they sing and their small stature, making this a fun name for a small pup. This would also be a fun set of names for two dogs!
More Dog Names from the Willy Wonka Universe
Some of the names from the world of Willy Wonka are a mouthful–but if you are looking for a two- or three-word dog name, these may be a good fit (and you can always shorten it with a Willy Wonka nickname!)
- Augustus Gloop: A gluttonous boy who falls into the chocolate river.
- Beehive Candy Room: A room in the factory where special candies are made.
- Blueberry Room: Where Violet Beauregarde turns into a blueberry.
- Bucket Family: Charlie’s impoverished but loving family.
- Candy Boat: A boat that travels on the chocolate river.
- Candy Garden: A garden made entirely of candy in the factory.
- Charlie Bucket: The humble and kind-hearted protagonist.
- Chocolate Room: The famous room where everything is edible.
- Chocolate Waterfall: A waterfall made entirely of chocolate.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.Willy Wonka
- Cocoa Beans: Used by Wonka as currency to pay the Oompa-Loompas.
- Eatable Marshmallow Pillows: A unique candy in Wonka’s factory.
- Elevator Buttons: In the Great Glass Elevator, each button leads to a different adventure.
- Everlasting Gobstoppers: A candy that never gets smaller.
- Fizzing Lifting Drinks: A drink that causes the drinker to float.
- Fizzy Lifting Room: The room where Fizzing Lifting Drinks are made.
- Fudge Mountain: A mountain made entirely of fudge.
- Giant Peach: Reference to another Roald Dahl story, sometimes mentioned in adaptations.
- Glass Elevator: A magical elevator that can travel in any direction.
- Golden Ticket: A ticket that grants access to Wonka’s factory.
- Great Glass Elevator: The elevator that takes Charlie on further adventures.
- Hair Toffee: A toffee that makes hair grow.
- Inventing Room: The room where Wonka invents new candies.
- Juicing Room: Where Violet is taken after turning into a blueberry.
- Knid: Vicious aliens encountered in Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator.
- Lickable Wallpaper: Wallpaper with flavors you can taste.
- Loompaland: The fictional land where the Oompa-Loompas come from.
- Mike Teavee: A boy obsessed with television who gets shrunk.
- Mint Jujubes for the Boy Next Door: A type of candy mentioned.
- Mr. Bucket: Charlie’s hardworking father.
- Mr. Salt: Veruca Salt’s indulgent father.
- Mr. Turkentine: Charlie’s schoolteacher.
- Mrs. Bucket: Charlie’s caring mother.
- Mrs. Gloop: Augustus Gloop’s mother.
- Mrs. Salt: Veruca Salt’s mother.
- Mrs. Teavee: Mike Teavee’s mother.
- Nut Room: Where squirrels test nuts for the factory.
- Pink Sugar Boat: Another vessel on the chocolate river.
- Pure Imagination: A famous song from the movie.
- Quality Testing Room: Where new candy inventions are tested.
- Rock Candy Mine: A mine where rock candy is extracted.
- Roald Dahl: The author of the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory book.
- Slugworth: A rival chocolatier often mentioned.
- Snozzberry: A fictional type of berry mentioned in the factory.
- Square Candies That Look Round: A unique candy in the factory.
- Squirrels: Intelligent squirrels in the factory who sort nuts.
We are all a great deal luckier than we realize, we usually get what we want – or near enough.Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Television-Chocolate Room: Where Mike Teavee is transported by TV.
- The Chocolate Factory: The central location of the story.
- The Nutty Crunch Surprise: A candy mentioned in the book.
- The Warming Candy Room: A room where special candies are developed.
- Toffee-Apple Trees: Trees that grow toffee-apples.
- Veruca Salt: A spoiled girl who demands everything.
- Violet Beauregarde: A girl who chews gum all the time.
- Whangdoodles: Creatures mentioned by the Oompa-Loompas.
- Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight: A candy bar.
- White Chocolate Waterfall: Another feature in the factory.
- Wonka Bar: The famous chocolate bar made by Wonka.
- Wonka Mobile: A vehicle used by Wonka in the factory.
- Wonka Vision: A technology used to transport objects or people.
- Wonka Wash: A cleaning solution in the factory.
- Wonka’s Office: Where Wonka’s desk is half of everything.
- Wonkavator: Another name for the Great Glass Elevator.
- Wonkavision: A television show that Mike Teavee loves.
- Wonky Taffy Puller: A machine in the Inventing Room.