“Do you know the way to San Jose?” More than the title of a classic Dionne Warwick hit, the phrase also expresses a question that’s currently on the minds of canines from coast to coast as California’s Silicon Valley city gets ready once again to host Bark in the Park San Jose, the largest dog festival in the United States!
Celebrating its 21st year in 2017, an estimated 3,900 dogs will join a throng 15,000 strong for the day-long Fido-centric love fest, which will include:
- Pups in apparel will dress to impress for the Dog Costume Contest.
- Fidos will show how friendly they are in the Tail Wagging Contest.
- Pet parents can show that they are the spitting image of Spot in the Pet Owner Look-a-Like Contest.
From sheep herders and doggie displays of dexterity on an agility course to Fidos who can play a mean game of fetch, applaud as our buddies who bark show off their special abilities!
For Animal-Loving Little Ones
In the Kids’ Entertainment Zone, children can:
- have their faces painted to look like a pup.
- run around on the kid’s agility course.
- meet Sam’s Downtown Feed and Pet Supply mascot Downtown Dog.
- bound around on the Big Bulldog Bounce House.
- watch a puppet-performed demo focusing on pet safety.
- learn how to approach a dog and how to teach their tail-wagging chum a trick.
Pet parents can ponder over purchases at more than 75 vendor booths featuring Rover-related merchandise and services.
…Plus low cost vaccinations, $5 microchipping, a misting tent to help beat the heat, and much more!
A Happening with Heart
Since its start in 1996 Bark in the Park San Jose has raised over $140,000 for both area pet charities and other worthy organizations that enrich the fabric of the community. This year’s event will benefit the Humane Society Silicon Valley, San Jose Animal Care Center and other local charitable organizations.
Admission: Free for two-legged attendees. A $5 donation is requested for each dog in attendance.
When: September 16, 2017 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Where: South 16th Street and East William Street in William Street Park in downtown San Jose, California