We all know how much–how very, very much–our dogs love to sneak a bite of cat food, especially strong-tasting fish flavors.
Now you can bake your dog a treats that’s easy to make, healthy and flavorful. The strong-tasting anchovies in this treat recipe make this a tasty option for training treat nuggets.
If you don’t have anchovies on hand, sardines, another Fido fave, will work well, too!
Looking for a simpler recipe? Don’t miss our Dehydrated Anchovies Dog Treats recipe–it only involves ONE ingredient!
- 1 can, 2 ounces anchovies in olive oil (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped, or dry parsley
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a blender, puree anchovies, water, and egg.
- Mix oats, flour, and parley in a large bowl. Add anchovy mix and mix completely.
- Use a melon baller or small scoop to make small balls of dough; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely before serving or refrigerating.
Looking for more recipes? Download one of our free dog treat cookbooks!
Cooks: Don’t miss our My Dog Says I’m a Great Cook™ cookbook with over 100 dog treat recipes from the publishers, readers and fans of DogTipper! This paperback book is available in our YUCKY PUPPY gift store!