It’s that time of year again! Cute fluffy coats, scarves and the all-important pumpkin spiced latte. And this time we’re getting our dogs involved, too! Today we’re so excited to share a special pumpkin latte for dogs from the recipe development team at tails.com. Similar to a Puppuccino, this recipe takes one of autumn’s most popular drinks and whips it up in to a dog-friendly pup-kin spiced latte recipe, so your dog doesn’t miss out on the fun this fall.
Is Pumpkin Good for Dogs?
Apart from being the main ingredient in autumn’s number-one drink, pumpkin is a superfood. Packed with nutrients and low in calories, it’s the perfect seasonal treat for our dogs.
Pumpkin contains potassium, an electrolyte essential for muscle recovery after exercise. It’s also full of immune-boosting vitamin C – and it’s a great prebiotic, so good for digestive health.
How to Make a Pumpkin Spiced Latte for Dogs
Here’s an easy recipe to create a pumpkin spiced latte just for dogs. It’s served cold; and the recipe will make 3-4 lattes, depending on the size of your dog.
Don’t forget to use plain pumpkin puree in this and all pumpkin dog treat recipes. You do NOT want to purchase pie filling; it has spices and sugars that your dog needs to avoid. Just purchase a can of plain old pumpkin (one ingredient only) or make your own pumpkin puree.
- 4 tablespoons goat or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of coconut or goat milk yogurt (optional)
- Pop all your ingredients into a blender and mix for about a minute – or until nice and frothy.
- Pour some of the mix into a small cup or bowl.
- Top with coconut or goat milk yogurt.
- Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.