Skip to Content

Obtaining a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)

Share with fellow dog lovers!

Did you know that you should have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) to travel from state to state with your dog? This certificate is required for dogs checked into the cargo hold of airplanes but auto travelers should also be aware that this certificate, while often not asked of them when crossing state lines, is a good idea.

In the above video from the American Veterinarian Medical Association, you’ll find out more about the CVI. It is obtained from veterinarians that are USDA accredited. If your vet is not, you’ll find instructions for finding a USDA-accredited veterinarian here.