In these difficult financial times, pet parents needing assistance often have to try multiple routes. Yesterday we looked at different options for financing veterinary bills; today we wanted to share some nonprofit organizations that offer financial assistance to pet owners.
Like all animal welfare agencies these days, many of these funds are strained–so if you’re not in need of help, these funds are always seeking donations!
- Brown Dog Foundation www.browndogfoundation.org This nonprofit works with pet owners in temporary financial strain who are seeking veterinary help for their pets for a treatable but life-threatening illness.
- Canine Cancer Awareness caninecancerawareness.org This nonprofit helps pet owners who cannot pay for canine cancer treatment; payments go directly to vets.
- Jake Brady Memorial Fund www.myjakebrady.com This fund works to help seniors, physically and mentally challenged adults, low-income families, and unemployed individuals who are having difficulties paying for non-routine veterinary help.
- The Mosby Foundation www.themosbyfoundation.org Financial assistance for life-saving emergency veterinary care is the focus of this foundation.
- The Pet Fund www.thepetfund.com The Pet Fund is not for emergency care but is aimed at providing assistance for costs beyond the normal expenses of vaccination, spay and neuter surgeries, food and routine veterinary care.
- RedRover The RedRover Relief program provides financial and emotional support to Good Samaritans, animal rescuers and pet owners to help them care for animals in life-threatening situations and resources to help victims of domestic violence escape abusive environments with their pets.