Almost 20 years ago, John and I wrote our first book: Day Trips from San Antonio and Austin. It was later divided into two volumes for each city, each book covering places to go within two hours of your home. The book remains our best-selling title.
But sometimes we forget that, yes, there are plenty of great places to visit close to home. Today we had the threat of severe weather coming in late this afternoon–plus we had a pile of work that built up while we were at BlogPaws. But we wanted to take the dogs on a day trip or at least a half-day trip. And we’re so glad we did!
We stopped first at what’s quickly becoming Irie and Tiki’s favorite restaurant: Sonic Drive-In:
We were then off to a local park for a breakfast picnic (when the days are in the 90s, early morning picnics start looking pretty good!) Irie, Tiki and I were then off on the trails…
…which quickly turned into a swim…
…with some breaks for wildflower photos…
By this afternoon, we were back at the computers at work on our Texas with Dogs book…all while Irie and Tiki slept like babies.
Please be sure to enter our current giveaways!
- RSVP for Zuke’s #WorklikeaDog Twitter Party with $1500 in prizes!
- #WorkLikeaDog Rafflecopter
- PreTweet #WorkLikeaDog giveaway
- $25 GC from Andrew’s Pet Palace
- 6-month supply of K-10+ vitamins or supplements!
- Win a Paintagr.am portrait of your pet!
- DogTipper Tote Bag filled with dog books!
- FURminator deShedding Tool
- $25 Amazon GC (on our Lovetripper Romantic Travel site)
- Win a trip to the Prize Kennel for your choice of pet prizes!
- “Texas with Dogs” Photo Contest
- May birthday club
- Fido’s Freebie Friday blog hop
- Subscribe to our Giveaways newsletter so you never miss a giveaway or a winner’s announcement!