Looking for a summer job or a headstart on a new career for your puppy? Hill’s Pet Nutrition is now taking applications for its Inaugural Intern Class of Pup-terns and Kit-terns. Selected ‘pup-plicants’ (and ‘appli-cats’) will receive a $2,500 stipend, Hill’s new Science Diet Puppy and Kitten foods and more. Read on to see the full list of perks that come with the job–and the special quali-fur-cations that Hill’s is looking for among applicants.
Why Hill’s is Looking for Pup-terns
The first year of a pet’s “career” – spent as a puppy or kitten – sets the stage for lifelong health, with generally at least 80 percent of a puppy’s growth and 90 percent of a kitten’s growth taking place in their first twelve months.
“Our inaugural class will em-bark on their purr-fessional journeys, documenting their growth along the way, to showcase the importance of proper nutrition during the first year of a pet’s life,” said Caroline Chulick, Head of Marketing for Hill’s Pet Nutrition U.S.
“The puppy and kitten essentials we’re offering through this pup-ternship and kit-ternship is a fun and educational way for pet parents to get paws on training and ensure their pet is set up for success on their journey to being a full-time dog or cat.”
What Experience is Hill’s Seeking in Puppies?
As part of this unique and remote summer internship offering, Hill’s is seeking one puppy and one kitten to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Continue or transition to the new and upgraded Hill’s Science Diet Puppy or Science Diet Kitten food to showcase the benefits to their overall development
- Exhibit unwavering commitment to mastering new skills via on-the-job enrichment activities
- Represent the brand with enthusiasm and curiosity via featured posts on the pet or pet parent’s social media
Does Your Puppy Have the Qualifications for the Job?
- Be nine months of age or under
- Value proper nutrition and growth as a puppy or kitten
- Demonstrate a big appetite for the new reformulation of Hill’s Science Diet Puppy or Science Diet Kitten (whether a current user or someone interested in transitioning)
- Have a social media account (either a pet’s or pet parent’s account) and a human parent willing to share internship progress on social media throughout the summer
How Much Could Your Puppy Earn?
- A summer stipend of $2,500 to each select applicant
- A complimentary supply of the new Hill’s Science Diet Puppy or Hill’s Science Diet Kitten, respectively, to help fuel their growth
- Paw-ffice supplies from KONG including all essential puppy and kitten toys to fulfill their enrichment and play needs
- Pup-tern and kit-tern content amplification on Hill’s social channels
How to Apply
Pet parents can submit resumes on behalf of their budding superstars at www.HillsPetInternship.com by 11:59 p.m. CT on July 20, 2023. Full terms and conditions apply.
Applications are asked to include a photo and a ‘cover letter’ describing the puppy or kitten’s talents and future career aspirations.