During the summer months, our evening walk turns into almost a night walk because of the heat. It’s often still 90 degrees at 8pm here so we wait…and wait…for temperatures to cool before we head off on the evening walk.
Of course, that means not only is the heat dissipating, but so is the light. At this time of year, we’re walking during the last rays of light — a time when it’s difficult not only for us to see but for us to be seen.
We rely on LED dog gear — like the lighted collars, lighted leashes, and lighted dog harnesses from Canine Care Products — to keep our dogs visible during evening walks. LED — light-emitting diode — lights are powerfully bright but have the advantages of staying cool, having a longer lifespan, having a small size, and being comparatively inexpensive, perfect for your dog gear.
Consider LED leashes and collars for these reasons:
- To make sure cars see your dog. If you should drop your leash and your dog gets away from you, make sure he’s seen by oncoming traffic.
- To be easier for you to spot. In the case of a dropped leash, be sure that you’re able to find him in the dwindling light. His LED gear will be easy to follow in the dark.
- To protect YOU. LED gear makes not only your dog easier to spot but YOU easier to spot as well.
- To see on camping trips. Summer camping trips are a great chance for you and your dog to hang out around the campfire and enjoy the stars together. But when your dog steps away, be sure you can see him in the darkness by attaching a LED gear in the form of a light or lighted collar.
- To see during and after evening meals. We love to enjoy patio dining with our dogs during the summer. Those late night meals mean dark walks back to either our car or hotel room. While we carry a flashlight if we’re walking back to a hotel, we love the security of knowing exactly where our dogs are because of their lighted collars.
- To see your dog on the day’s last potty run. Especially when we’re traveling with the dogs, we put on a lighted collar for that last potty run before settling in for the night.
- To see on fall and winter walks. When summer begins to draw to a close, the need for reflective gear continues as the days become increasingly shorter. If it’s dark when you get home from work, put on a lighted collar before you step out for your walk.
Some of the most special summer memories you and your dog can make are in the evenings — whether it’s a late night stroll, an evening meal, or a vacation getaway. Make sure you’re making good memories by always protecting your dog with lighted products!
This post is sponsored by Canine Care Products. As always, we only share products that we use with our own dogs. All opinions and statements are entirely our own.