This recipe, courtesy Loews Hotels, was provided as part of the “Houndly Holidays” package. The recipe is courtesy Loews Hotels Executive Chef Mark Ehrler
Please Note: This recipe is for treats and not intended for daily consumption. Additionally, this should not be fed to pets with special dietary restrictions.
- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white rice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups diced celery
- 4 cups corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine the chicken stock and the wild rice.
- Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and let simmer until rice is tender.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the mushrooms, celery.
- Cook until vegetables are soft.
- In a large bowl, mix the cornbread stuffing and poultry seasoning.
- Add the rice and the vegetables and mix well.
- More chicken stock can be added if stuffing is dry.
Photo courtesy Loews Hotels
Cooks: Don’t miss our My Dog Says I’m a Great Cook™ cookbook with over 100 dog treat recipes from the publishers, readers and fans of DogTipper! This paperback book is available in our PawZaar gift store!