OK, with two dogs and four cats, one thing we have a LOT of in this house is pet hair. It finds itself into every nook and cranny in the house. I’ve found dog hair in the corners of picture frames, cat hair in the corners of (closed!) cabinets, and pet dander and hair in and on all electronic items in the house.
The static charge that electronic equipment, from televisions to computers, have both attracts and holds hair and dander. My laptop always has pet hair in every possible place but the keyboard I use with a separate monitor is also always coated with hair and dander:
It doesn’t help that more than one cat thinks the keyboard and laptop are a nice warm place to nap! 🙂
Q-tips® Precision Tips™ are a great way to clean in the tiny crevices of electronic equipment. Best of all: they’re so inexpensive that I’m able to clean a row of keys, throw the cotton swab away, and start with a brand new one on the next row!
Here are some more uses I’ve found for Q-tips right in my home office:
- I’ve also used Q-tips® to clean the exterior of my camera. I also use it to clean the viewfinder and monitor on the camera (which is always getting smudged with my makeup!)
- I clean the vents in my window air-conditioner.
- I clean the dusty nooks in my printer.
- Those edges on my erasable marker board that never quite wipe clean? CLEAN thanks to Q-tips!
- I clean products that I’m photographing for review. By the time a brand new product has sat in my office a day or two, it invariably has pet hair on it. I might not notice it, but when I see the photo, I sure will!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. Q-tips® product was provided by Unilever, the makers of Q-tips®; my tips and usage suggestions are my own.