Most Popular Game of Thrones Names:
While Arya and Khaleesi were the two most popular names for both dogs and cats, Drogo was a much more popular name for pups (the third most popular) and Tyrion was more popular for feline friends, coming in at number three as well. Jon Snow made the list for cats, while Hodor was a top name just for dogs.
How did the GOT names rank among various breeds? No indication on top names for Dire Wolves but here’s how several popular breeds fared:
- German Shepherds and Huskies were most commonly named Arya
- Khaleesi was popular among Golden Retrievers, Great Danes, Huskies, Labrador Retrievers, Pitbulls, and French Bulldogs
- Drogo was a winner for Rottweilers
Looking for a quirky twist on a Game of Thrones name for your dog or cat? Several pet parents already beat you to it with:
- Tywin Puggister
- Arya Bark
- Jorah Meowmont
Similar to the hit TV show characters they were named after, these Game of Thrones named pets are no stranger to getting in a bit of trouble.
- Tyrion the Dachshund landed himself in an emergency veterinary clinic for eating plastic
- Bernese Mountain Dog, Khal Drogo, was diagnosed with multiple orthopedic problems at just 10 months old
- Arya, the combat veteran service dog, tore her cruciate ligament playing with her canine friends at doggy daycare
Luckily, just as Jon Snow protects the North, they were all protected by Embrace Pet Insurance, and their owners were able to move forward with their veterinarians’ recommended course of treatment.